Information we collect
By using the Services and interacting with the website, you may provide us with or we may collect non-personal information about you that cannot be used to contact or identify you (“Non-personal Information”).
We gather technical data transmitted by your computer (through the use of third-party analytical cookies) in order to improve the functionality of the Services and give you a better user experience. This data includes specific software and hardware details (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, and the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Services; etc.).
We also gather data about how you use the services, like user activity (e.g. pages viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.). This data is gathered, among other things, to conduct analytics and research on how users interact with the Services.
Individually identifiable information, often known as “Personal Information,” is information that can be used to specifically identify an individual or that can be used to reasonably approximate that identity. This could be gathered when you submit a comment with your name and email address in response to one of our news articles or when you subscribe to our email newsletters by giving us your email address on our website.
Additionally, we might gather some kinds of connection information as well as hardware and device-related data, like IP addresses.
For as long as the information is merged, when we combine personal information with non-personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information.
How do we use the collected information?
We use the collected information to carry out anonymous analytics so that we may better understand and cater our services to your needs and interests; test new changes to the services and enhance their usability.
We will only use your personal information if it is legal for us to do so. We will most frequently utilize your personal information in the following situations:
- When it is required to protect our (or another party’s) legitimate interests, and your interests and basic rights do not trump those interests;
- where the lawful basis for processing your personal data is that you have specifically consented to it. Before emailing you with direct marketing messages from third parties, we will always get your permission. You have the option to revoke your marketing permission at any moment by getting in touch with us.
We utilize personal data in the ways that are outlined in this privacy statement. The information we gather, which may include your personal information, is used for the following legitimate reasons and purposes in addition to the ones mentioned above (without precluding your interests and fundamental rights):
- In order to offer our Services (For instance, allow you to share and post User Content, allow you to follow what other users submit, etc.);
- To stay in touch with you, to address any questions you may have about any of the content on the site, to tell you of our most recent developments, and to send you email newsletters;
- To assist and resolve issues with our Services;
- To expand our company and develop our
Safeguarding Your Data
We take great care to implement and maintain the Services and your information’s security. We use industry-standard practices and standards, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, to protect the privacy and security of the information provided by our users and to prevent its unauthorized use.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any suspicions about the loss, misuse, or unauthorized access to Your Data.
You may be entitled to the following under specific conditions regarding your personal data under data protection laws:
- Obtain access to your personal information.
- Ensure that your personal info is corrected.
- Refuse to have your personal information processed.
- Request that your personal data be deleted.
- Ask to have the processing of your personal information limited.
- Right to revoke the agreement.
Please get in touch with us if you want to exercise any of the rights listed above.
Last updated: 27/11/2022